View Single Post
Old 5th September 2002
There is only one

from www.m-w.com

Main Entry: ob·ses·sion
Pronunciation: äb-'se-sh&n, &b-
Function: noun
Date: 1680
1 : a persistent disturbing preoccupation with an often unreasonable idea or feeling; broadly : compelling motivation
2 : something that causes an obsession

from www.dictionary.com

ob·ses·sion Pronunciation Key (b-sshn, b-)
n.
Compulsive preoccupation with a fixed idea or an unwanted feeling or emotion, often accompanied by symptoms of anxiety.
A compulsive, often unreasonable idea or emotion.

i feel sometimes that i didnt pick to make recording my lifes work. it picked me. i could easily do about any other field... possibly make a lot more money, and have. i do animation as well, but i am not consumed by it, in fact i really dont like doing it. i could possibly be consumed with doing video as well. has similar characteristics of music... but the business side doesnt seem to be as ****ed up as the recording business [not the ACTUAL recording biz... but the music biz] i find MANY good movies done very well... even the cheesiest most commercial ventures arent nearly as bad as the commercial ventures of the music business. maybe thats just the way i see it... i do find the unions in the film industry to be fairly ******** and pointless [aside from ensuring pay]... could you imagine the recording industry working like this? nope, cant move that power cable. cant move that mic... gotta get that union slacky to do it.