View Single Post
Old 9th February 2012 | Show parent

Deleted 6ccb844
Quote:
Originally Posted by u b k ➡️
Well, to be clear, I never called anything crap, in fact I expressed no judgments about anything. I simply expressed the fact I don't seem to have much love for new music... but that's not a statement about the music, that's a statement about me, and it's made without a trace of bitterness, resentment, or cynicism.
Call a potato a tree, but saying that "You don't have much love for" equates a more diplomatic way of saying you think it is sub par to other things.. plus it doesn't matter it's opinion, everyone is obviously entitled.

Quote:

That distinction between expressing a preference and judging the thing itself is either tripping you up, or lost on you completely, I'm not sure which.
I wouldn't of even thought about it, you obviously thought even momentary to come to conclusion.. It seems you have summed up this book without opening the contents..

To me a preference can be pertained as a judging, on X Factor / American Idol they judge, but it's only really a preference.

Quote:

The thing is --- and maybe this is different for you --- I don't have any control over what I like and don't like. I also don't much care to control my tastes, because there is SO MUCH about music, life, food, women, art, and people that I love that I have neither the time, bandwidth, nor need to push my tastebuds in any direction they don't naturally want to go.
That's great and I never said you had to.

Quote:

You seem to think folks like myself should or ought to be feeling differently than we do, and on that point I can't agree with you because I'm enjoying the hell out of my experience of this existence. I gather you're having the same quality of experience as well, the only apparent difference is the sounds and grooves that get us off. I don't need you to like Percy Faith, why do you think I ought to like <insert new artist>?
I'm not fussed who you like, I also don't believe you could enjoy a specific product like I do and vice versa we are two different people. If you had an issue, then I would care.. I would try and help as much as I could.. That's just me, but when it comes to someone's preference in music.. Then it's your ball, in your court.

Quote:

The answer, quite possibly, is because you think you know what's best for others. Heads up on that one, it's a soul trap of epic proportions.

Gregory Scott - ubk
It's statement's like these I don't much care for, it sounds like you are insinuating I'm ramming some form of lifestyle down your throat.. It's not really necessary and is poor treatment of others. You don't know me at all, so you can't comment on what I think.

There is a lot of moaning that goes on with different generations, it seems there is a grouping that of elder generations that want to throw everything modern in a dustbin.. I know it's a generalisation and not pointed specifically at you or anyone else..

The only thing I would presume someone should do is keep an open mind, not just in music but in life.. If you choose not to, then it doesn't matter to me.