View Single Post
Old 6th January 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davido View Post
I have been constructive though. I am not a mean person, but I am honest. What is the point in us having a thread asking for critique, if we don't give, erm, critique?
I didn't say you were mean I said "That's a bit mean" in reference to this comment: "I feel that's probably why you've tried to exclude out of tune vocals from the critique."

Quote:
I've written many songs, released on Universal. In my band. Fortunately they did very well...
So what. What's that got to do with it? I read many posts from people with extensive CV's yet they manage to offer critiques without talking down to people.

Quote:
...However, by your logic, no-one would ever be able to criticise anyone unless they were doing it themselves?...
You've lost me now...please explain? What is the point of 'logic' you refer to?

Quote:
...So no-one can criticise Radiohead? The Beatles? Flaming Lips? Just because they're better than us?...
Again you've lost me here...please explain?

Quote:
...Get a grip man and stop being so sensitive.
Not being sensitive...the OP asked for criticism of composition and you think that's because he doesn't want to be criticised for being out-of-tune - in my opinion your comments were 'out-of-tune'.

This isn't the X-factor and TBH I wish I could sing as well (and as tunefully) as the OP. Honestly.

Please read through the forum and note the style of critiques and advice offered by many of the industry's leading lights; with a bit more sensitivity your opinions could be a positive force.
Show replies