View Single Post
Old 6th January 2012
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphster View Post
Maybe he is just being a nice guy. And patronising? Please.

The point is, and it was made very clear at the start of the thread. This is a songwriting forum and this is a thread to showcase and discuss songs. We need to keep that top of mind when critiquing.

I am all for honestly, that is exactly what we want. But keep it about the songs and the art of songwriting. Not about the performance.

This is exactly why so many songwriters are afraid to post on the other forums and threads, because they are all concerned with the performance and the mixing. There are plenty of songwriters out there who are not great performers, engineers or musicians - but who can write bloody nice songs. This is a place for them to get feedback on the songs.

Getting more talented people to record demos is easy when the time is right.

Cheers.
I mentioned the performance in relation to the song. I mentioned that the performance in this instance spoiled the song, and made it hard to tell.

Amazing the response you get for knocking a few people's ego's.

I completely get your point about people being afraid to post songs due to worrying about performances etc. BUt the TRUTH about how to become successful at writing songs, submitting them to publishers nowadays is the performance and recording HAS to be spot on, the finished article. So you can hear the song that is underneath the performance. If someone puts a song up and asks for criticism for that song, it is perfectly acceptable to everyone that doesnt live in a sensitive little bubble world, to be decent enough to take the time to suggest to that person that they may want to re-address the vocals, as they detract from the song in question, and make the thing hard to listen to.