View Single Post
Old 27th May 2006
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekn0
I would say go for the aurora audio GTQ for the pre and it has a DI and it's 2 channel. And i would recomend a pair of Distressors for your outboard compressors.

As for plugins i would get the Eventide 2 Bundle(It's the ****),Waves SSL TDM(You know Why),Cranesong Pheonix(You'll thank me later). McDSP & URS are nice also.

Half of this stuff you can get here from Tony Belmont much cheaper also

Plus you can demo alomst anything for a while to decide, but im sure you know this already.

And a great help is to take the name of the plugin or gear you would like to know more about and put the name of it in the gearslutz search and select "search in topics" or what ever and then you will find a ton of info on that piece of gear or plugin and alot of time find out great tips on how to use them better.

Just my 2cents
"Zoltan"
The GTQ seems cool, but what about the flavors (GTQ GTQ2 GTQ2mkIII). What are the differences between these units? I like how its modeled after the 1073, and I trust the advice of the slutz on here, but if this is so good why are there not many links to it on the net? People just don't know about it or what?

Also, in the eventide bundle, how closely is the ultra harmonizer recreated? I have experience with the outboard dsp4000, is it similiar at all? Can you route up to 40 effects in series like you can with the hardware? I know that I could download it and demo it, but I'd rather not waste my time just yet.

Also, what's the deal the the cranesong pheonix?

I've already been leaning towards the distressors myself because they seem to be the most adjustable comps in the price range, and because I've worked with them before and they sound great.

Any other slutty advice guys?