View Single Post
Old 8th December 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
I agree, the level of debate has been raised...... although often it's plumbed the depths many times so the only way was up.
From my perspective, Charles has made numerous ill informed, perhaps naive comments about the music industry. He sometimes follows those comments with "am I right?".
So as an analogy, I have 30 years experience often at the highest levels in the music industry, experience of recording, touring, writing music for tv, building software products (aka - varied experience). I also have had my drum tracks illegally sampled, my software pirated.
I know virtually nothing about Hollywood, or the film business in general. I know nothing about the struggle (or not) film has with piracy.
This is a music forum.
Charles input is valued, but when comparing experience and relevance, lets understand some are in the music business, others are not.
And Chris, I made no claim otherwise- SOPA is not specific to the MUSIC Business however, AND Gearslutz does have a Post Production audio component which is also affected by Piracy-

They are two different camps- And it is simply not productive to fight each other over the issue- we both want IP protection.