View Single Post
Old 8th December 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rack gear View Post
so am I, two actually!

good for you!

I'd say having an understanding of the history and dynamics of the issue would be a good qualifier, seriously.

I get you are a sound effects editor, and a reasonably successful one - awesome.

Not sure you actually have alot (or any) experience in the actual record business though, or even understand the history of events that have lead us to where we are now... which is why I have recommended the two books that could educate you and fill in the gaps in your knowledge.
and I intend on getting to them- I have a growing stack of screeners I need to get through as well for the awards season. That being said, SOPA goes FAR beyond the record industry- and the needs of the record industry are not its singular concern. As a media professional I am taking that into account.

I am pretty successful actually, and I won Emmys for my work the last two years, as well as being party to a couple of Academy Awards too. I have been in the industry for around 20 years, and it has been my sole source of income for the last 18. So again- I think I might be qualified to speak on the issue since it directly affects me.

And I actually stand behind my words with my real identity too.