View Single Post
Old 1st December 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwwDeOhh View Post
I agree that there's shady (and sometimes blatent..) dealings and abuses perpetuated by our own government in certain instances.
But that's painting with a pretty broad-brush, don'cha think?
To say that there's bad law(s) out there --doesn't mean every law is bad. Just as there is surely corrupt polititians --doesn't mean that all are corrupt.

I have general concerns too with any legislation, and don't have the highest faith in the fairness of the world-- but to not do anything because 'something' could possibly perhaps go wrong... no one would get out of bed in the morning.

(paraphrase) : "The only thing Evil needs to prevail... is for Good men to do nothing"
we would have to cross the line into the political verboten zone for that-

but I will say that the Congress wanting to deny US citizens their Constitution rights if accused of being a terrorist is pretty darn serious..... dont you?

and since some here think when ever an example is used against this sacred cow is a direct comparison, allow me to say simply- THAT IS SIMPLY AN EXAMPLE OF A BAD IDEA FOR A LAW, WHICH IS NOT RELATED TO THIS PARTICULAR ISSUE......got it?

and we are talking about doing nothing- we are talking about writing a better law- which this very well may become (though I doubt it) in Markup.... you watched Schoolhouse Rock when you were a kid didnt you?

the embed feature seems to elude me I guess-

Schoolhouse Rock- How a Bill Becomes a Law - YouTube

Schoolhouse Rock- How a Bill becomes a Law.....