View Single Post
Old 1st December 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles maynes View Post
Sadly enforcement of most criminal and civil law is fraught with great ambiguity, and near capriciousness from the federal government.

As to the Commerce Committee and Judiciary Committee- we can see commerce tending to prevail-

look at the Congress now saying they prefer Torture to be a tool in prosecution of domestic terror suspects and allowing them to be denied the Civil rights- It points at serious archectural problems. I am not intending to compare the matters, but am trying to articulate that the laws we have at present are already being misused- and protections which were seen as absolute, are now considered as provisional. That is a very slippery slope to be on.

I do hope a law emerges which deals with the issue, but we are in murky times. And I think of all the IP to be protected, entertainment is not the one concerning the govt the most.
I agree that there's shady (and sometimes blatent..) dealings and abuses perpetuated by our own government in certain instances.
But that's painting with a pretty broad-brush, don'cha think?
To say that there's bad law(s) out there --doesn't mean every law is bad. Just as there is surely corrupt polititians --doesn't mean that all are corrupt.

I have general concerns too with any legislation, and don't have the highest faith in the fairness of the world-- but to not do anything because 'something' could possibly perhaps go wrong... no one would get out of bed in the morning.

(paraphrase) : "The only thing Evil needs to prevail... is for Good men to do nothing"