View Single Post
Old 25th May 2011
Gear Addict

Eventide 2016 vs Lexicon PCM70

Hi Guys,

Having tried the newer lexicon pcm96 and bricasti M7, and while both sound amazing in their own right, for some strange reason I seem to be drawn to the sound of the older units over the super smooth hi-fi sounding reverbs.

I had a pcm70 on loan a few months back and really loved the depth of that box and how the reverb sat in the mix. More recently, I have been looking into the Eventide 2016 and have really been impressed with what I have heard (unfortunately just samples from the web as I hav'nt been able to acquire a demo unit). Just to note a 480l/300 etc... is a bit unattainable for me atm.

Just looking for advice from anyone with experience of either unit. I was all set to pick up a pcm70 until I heard the 2016 and now it’s got me thinking. From what I heard the longer verbs sounded fantastic and had that big 80's ballady vibe which I love, but can it do the short spaces thing as good ,like the famous tiled room in the pcm70? Also as a by the way, im using the Eclipse for general effects.

Thanks