View Single Post
Old 9th May 2011
Gear interested

Pauls Summing Box - the real thing!

Hi there, after reading through and through the forums I decided to get a summing-box of Paul. He is really a guy who is into the things he does. Every whish I mentioned was no problem for him, so I got my box (inkl. my Name on the frontpanel and a blue Power-LED!).

My box is summing 32 inputs (16x2), has 2 Stereo-Outs and uses Lawo-Transformers and what can I say: it does exactly what I was looking for. Every little thing, every detail in the mix - instruments, voices, reverb, etc - seems to be placed right where I want it to be. Actually I thought, all the time there has been a curtain between my ears and my Genelecs which has finally raised.

The box does not produce any recognizable additional noise and I loved it from the very beginning.

I have two Creamware A16 Ultra (DA-converter, wired via adat from my two Motu 2408 Mk3) connected to the summing box, then leading into a compressor (TFPro38 ex) and the back into my DAW per RME ADI-96 (only used as AD-converter).

I am very happy with this setup and I want to thank Paul for all his support and the really fine work he has done for me and my studio. Thanks!