View Single Post
Old 28th December 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubk
Truth only matters if it has a bearing on the emotional connection the listener will experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by editronmaximon
That statement is not true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by u b k View Post
It's truly my belief. Sounds like you believe differently... c'est la vie!

Gregory Scott - ubk

We are not discussing something that is susceptible to differing valid beliefs.

Perhaps if you stated, "Truth only matters to me if it has a bearing on the emotional connection the listener will experience", then you could claim it as an individual belief, albeit an unfortunate and erroneous one. But as you actually stated it, broadly, saying "Truth only matters if it has a bearing on the emotional connection the listener will experience", it is simply wrong. It is simply and categorically untrue. To believe otherwise is not an opinion, but a mental illness [delusion].

Truth is truth, and it is paramount by its very definition. Its validity is not dependent on anyone's "emotional connection". Who are you, claiming to be the arbiter for all as to when truth "matters"? That is in fact grandiose and delusional.

Your statement seeks to limit and trivialize truth, and who are any of us to do that?

Truth does not submit. There is no argument against truth. In the final analysis, the truth remains.

This may sound harsh to you, but there is way too much pseudo-philosophy and pseudo-wisdom being paraded around by people with no real basis in truth, often at the expense of the inexperience who may be misled.

Furthermore, as a practical matter, low quality speakers do not legitimately provide a superior "emotional experience".

Moreover, if a track has so many engineering or performance flaws that they literally ruin the listening experience, then it is not a speaker issue, it is just a badly engineered track, or a poor performance. It seems to me that what people are referring to in this thread is simply amateur, low quality engineering. I never work with material that is "full of mistakes" such as what is being described here. Something like that should simply be re-recorded.