View Single Post
Old 24th November 2010
Here for the gear

no

i say no, i am a artist as well and i look at it like this. if you end up gaining enough attention (revenue/profit in currency) that you get sued by the original artist for whatever sample it may be. by the time that happens and if you are at that point when you get the attention of these people the money from the lawsuit will not be a worry for you to pay (at that status). unless you are talking about huge artists such as elvis,prince,the beatles,johnny cash, micheal jackson etc) in which case it still will not bite you in the rear until later, but you can bet the cost will be beyond hefty no matter what level you have reached by the time you gain that much attention from your music.

long story short , why spend all your hard earned independant money clearing samples that you probably wont gain the HUGE amount of profit or attention from anyway. not saying the songs won't do well or be great songs, i am saying there is a different between a song being good/great and people liking it and a song being HUGE on the charts, receiving magazine/tv press etc...

hope this helps, but still this is just MY opinion

Last edited by substance810; 24th November 2010 at 06:41 PM.. Reason: misspelled words