View Single Post
Old 31st October 2010
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilaci View Post
Hello All!
I have a short question.
I want to record the bass guitar direct DI and on an other channel running through a hardware comp DI.
If i have to do punch in/out stuff or editing is there a DAW which has the feature that i can mark this two tracks and in order to do parallel editing so that cutting track 1 cuts the respective second track on the same place?
I´m currently on Ableton Live.
Thanks
Live can do this in at least 3 ways:

1. Select the region (Live calls these "clips") that you want to edit. A orange line with a downward facing triangle will appear on the clip. Shift click on the other clips that you want to edit or cut in the same place. Live will select all those clips. Then press command - e. All clips will be cut in the same place. If you only want some clips cut, but not others, use command-click.

2. Create a locator marker in the area you want to edit. Click on the locator marker. A orange line with a downward facing arrow at the top of the line will appear across all clips in your Live set. Press command-e.

3. Activate the loop cycle. Set the loop cycle to the desired length. Click on the loop cycle. Two orange lines with a downward facing arrows at the top of the lines will appear across all clips in your Live set and highlight an area the length of the loop cycle. Press command-e.

Last edited by bluesky; 31st October 2010 at 04:53 PM.. Reason: Clarification.