View Single Post
Old 21st June 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
You've posted that if pirating benefits pirates, it must then benefit other professions, some of which you list:
'Pirates very frequently ARE musicians, programmers, artists, musicians, filmmakers, game developers'

Why bother posting unless you are trying to make a point that you personally believe in?
Your point seems clearly that creative people benefit from pirating software, movies and music.
This is where I disagree.
You say they benefit, I say they don't, and in not even benefitting themselves they are also taking others down with them.

It's a difference of opinion, so you don't need to post about how dumb I am, or how I can't read or understand any more.
Stand by your views and admit to what they are.
Ok man, keep on thinking whatever you want. With each successive quote you've decontextualized my post further to make it fit the very strange concept you've dreamt up in your head.

I'm going to state one last time that I was not stating an opinion. I was asking another poster about the logic used in their post.

p.s. You don't need to hit the enter key after every single sentence.

p.p.s. You should also take note that I'm not the first (or second, or third, or tenth) person to say that you take things out of context or misunderstand very simple sentences. It's even occurred at least twice in this thread.

"The first time someone calls you a horse you punch him on the nose, the second time someone calls you a horse you call him a jerk but the third time someone calls you a horse, well then perhaps it's time to go shopping for a saddle."