View Single Post
Old 5th January 2010
Here for the gear

Just in the proces of getting new mic...

Right now I have Rode K2 as my main vocal mic run through JLM baby animal pre, amek CiB (eq) and to SPL Kultube compressor...

I manly record Rap but also some rock and heavy metal stuff. I'm very much satysfied with K2 (got it 6 years ago), but I find it sometimes to sibilant on some voices.

Tried cople of other microphones as I sometimes work for major studio here in Croatia...

Recently I was considering buying an avantone cv-12 but I'm not sure if that would be an upgrade since I've never heard that mic personaly. I now I saw this and similar threads about mods and I got quite interested in this matter.
Any suggestions for a nice cheap (under 500$) sibilant free mic that would nicely companion my K2 and give different vibe to my vocal chain?? Of course take in consideration that I'm not afraid of mods.....

Tried by now different beasts: Neuman U87, Soundelux u195, AT 4060, RE-27.... not to happy considering price - performace level ... for my applications Rode K2 kicked U87 straight in tha face and knocked him out of the ring

Any suggestions??