View Single Post
Old 18th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rose View Post
The shell is breeze blocks....then I am leaving an air gap, which is slightly more on the sides than the front, then the inner wall which is 2 layers of Gyproc 15mm Soundshield (was going to use Green Glue between them, but am trying to save cash where I can, so leaving this for the moment....can always come back to it if necassary, although will involve a bit of work) then a layer of 10mm RW3 Rockwool, then another layer of Soundshield. Is this a good way of using what I have?
No. You will have much more transmission loss if you remove the outer layer of Soundshield. - it will save you some money too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rose View Post
I am building the inner walls in such a way that they can move with me if needs be (London may well be calling in the next year or two). Basically they are all constructed with a wooden frame which goes round the whole perimeter of the board, to create a large panel. These are then bolted together and sealed to form the inner shell, which is fastened on the chipboard and carpet.
If you make it portable, the possibility of air gaps and sound leaks exists. Is it really worth it to make it portable?