View Single Post
Old 15th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2bonoman View Post
I could really use some help here. Could those of you with nice monitoring chains and treated rooms (not headphones) download this tune, and then tell me what's wrong with the mix? Possibly what's good with the mix too, if anything?

Download Rescue Me.mp3 from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

I'm not listening to this through a nice monitoring chain and I'm in an office not a treated room, but..... Most people buying your music probably won't be listening in a treated room through nice monitors either.

I'm at work listening through some 6in computer speakers so take what I say with a grain or 2 of salt. I'll just give you my first quick impressions.

Sounds to me like the claps are sticking way out from the rest of the mix. Too loud and too bright. They don't sound bad, just completely seperated from everything else. Vocals I feel the same way about. They seem to sit on top of the mix rather than IN the mix.

I saw your other thread where you were asking about it being thin. It doesn't sound thin to me but it does sound like all of the bright elements are dominating your mix. Bring them down a bit and maybe bring down a little bit of the highs and I think overall it would fit together better.

Sounds like you're well on your way to a great mix though.