View Single Post
Old 15th November 2009
Here for the gear

Need some advice on soundproofing and acoustic treatment of my tiny studio

Hi all!

I am in the process of treating my tiny post production studio at work.
The room is nearly a perfect cube, with the dimensions W:273 L:299,5 H:276 cm.

At the moment the room has a mastering suite on the right side and a video edit room on the right. I can hear people talking through the walls, and yeah, when they are doing any work, I am pretty annoyed, hehe.

So, I am planning to noise insulate and do some acoustic treatment.
I´ve read a hole lot on this forum and stolen some ideas from here and there, and ended up with a SketchUp model.

The studio is used for post audio editing and mixing of a TV soap.

It would be great to get some feedback from you guys!

Image Explanation:
The white outer walls are the old, current walls. I am planning on letting these stay the way they are, as I cant interrupt the work going on in the suites on each side.
These walls are pretty basic, made up of studs and a single layer of drywall on each side, and yes, they doesn't block much sound.

The next layer is studs placed 1 cm away from the old wall, so it will be decoupled. It has one layer of asphalt sheets, two layers of drywall (15 mm), filled with 5cm rockwool.

The next layer is made up of 48mm studs (98mm in front), gradually getting wider towards the back. The ceiling will also get higher towards the back, as you see on the sketch. I will fill the walls/ceiling with 50mm acoustic panels (100mm in the front wall), and cover them with a breathing material to make it all nice to look at.

In the back, behind the last wall, I have planned to make a basstrap, made up of 50mm studs, filled with acoustic panels. There are two layers of these, 10 cm apart.

Okay then, I guess you get the idea

I hope for some good constructive ideas and hints back

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Need some advice on soundproofing and acoustic treatment of my tiny studio-hc_studio_1_backright.jpg   Need some advice on soundproofing and acoustic treatment of my tiny studio-hc_studio_1_frontright.jpg   Need some advice on soundproofing and acoustic treatment of my tiny studio-hc_studio_1_top_paralell.jpg   Need some advice on soundproofing and acoustic treatment of my tiny studio-hc_studio_1_top_perspective.jpg