View Single Post
Old 10th November 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

I'd venture to guess that the monitor amp is protecting itself via a thermal sensor - look for it on a heatsink, and then try and determine if it's an overheating problem by pointing a fan at the heatsink. If the unit stays operational, figure out which transistor(s) is/are overheating, and why - is there an inaudible parasitic signal on that particular channel, or does your amp need a tune-up? Put a short on the input of the amp and see if it still goes into protect...Cheers! JR