View Single Post
Old 23rd September 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tube World View Post
If I want to use a DAW controller I need one with scribble strips. The Mackie controller pro works great; it offers you control on the faders, pan, solo, mute, transport, jog wheel, and allows you to customized over 16 commands with your DAW. I added a extender and I have 16 faders to work with.
Do you work for mackie ? Ok, lets do the maths... £951.98 + £629.52 for 16 channels... ok I want 24 channels now so + £629.52 x 2 = £2842 in total ! ...are you friggin serious ! just so I can move 24 DAW faders and access a couple of basic functions like play... record... rewind etc Mackie wants £2842 out of me ! Its an utter joke ! You can get a digital mixing desk for that price as you rightly pointed out !

Quote:
SSL Matrix. But for home studios the Mackie is excellent.
And don't get me started on the SSL Matrix tutt ...so for £14,375.00 I get a motorised DAW controller with no onboard Pre's and no onboard compressor... I just want a DAW Controller with 24 quality faders... one unit ! ...I haven't asked for the world !

Quote:
Another option is to use a digital mixer like the Tascam DM 3200 or Yamaha DM 1000 or 02R96. If you want something cheaper than the Mackie with scribble strips and quality' it won't be the
All the above options start at £3000 to £7000 ...for a good quality DAW controller... just a good quality DAW controller !

Yeah I'm mad... cos I know Mackie, Tascam, Euphonix and even Behringer can do it... make a one unit - BAM ! 24 channels - BAM ! Digital and Scribble strips - BAM ! A DAW controller for all to enjoy and do it cheap, BAM, BAM, BAM !!! ...but they won't !!! Not till 2012 or there after ! WHYYYYY ! I want one NOWWWWW ! (I'm about to throw my toys out the playpen)

Rant over !