View Single Post
Old 17th August 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HOLMES
2 K in Euro and no 2 Bus compression....much overpriced IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorg View Post
Now THAT would have been amazing! Similar design but with the SSL buss comp build in!
NO ****!! That would be amazing..... considering the price for JUST the buss comp is $2,200 + at least $500 for a mynx frame..... or $3,500 for the 19" rack unit....

Quote:
I am a bit afraid to buy such a postage stamp mixer without all the nice EQs by SSL
So add the EQ's at $850 a pop + X-Rack!?........ but wait... then it might be out of budget..... so you're gonna complain that it doesn't offer enough features for what you can afford?

Quote:
If you invest such a big amount of money it is worth to think about to get an nice refurbished Studer-Vintage desk as well as one SSL Bus compressor clone.
Why not a Neotek, Trident, Amek, ..... all within the same budget....... oh yeah, because the goal would be to go for more of an "SSL sound". A Studer desk aint gonna get you there, no matter how nice it might be. Not knockin' Studer desks, or especially their EQ's, but it AINT gonna sound like an SSL that's for sure.

FWIW, I really wish SSL had bumped up the price and added recall. Here's to hoping we'll see a mkII version. I'm sure they're selling enough of 'em to warrent a second version.