View Single Post
Old 22nd March 2003
Lives for gear

Originally posted by Bob Olhsson
The general category of insurance a studio should seek is called "inland marine" coverage.

What you want to avoid is being lumped together with music rehearsal studios or teaching studios that are subject to a disproportionate amount of rip-offs compared to a typical recording studio. I'd simply avoid the word "music" and the word "studio" in any description of what you want covered. Calling yourself a "production facility" of some sort can reduce your premiums considerably.
Bob, thanks for the help
I have heard about the inland marine coverage from my current home insurance provider(allstate) who do not provide it.
I remember seeing ads in the back of Mix or some other mag for studio insurance, I wonder if this is the type they offer?
Would a local insurer providing inland marine coverage give the best bang for the buck?
I guess some homework is in order,thanks