View Single Post
Old 26th July 2005
Gear Maniac

I also own a Vocal Booth (4x8). You are right, it is DEAD in there. I only use mine to record up close vocals so for me it's perfect. However, I have learned a few things about how to get the most out of it.

First off, don't have anything in there unless it is absoutely necessary. No music stands, stools, extra lights, etc. Because the area is so small anything can reflect sound waves and give you a weird phase type of sound.

Also, I had a problem with the foam on the ceiling falling off. (I'm not sure if you had this problem.) A friend of mine who also owns one had the same problem. At first I just took off the foam off and kept on recording. But that created a nasty ring in the booth so I had to put it back on by nailing it to the ceiling.

Vocal Booth also recommends getting some wood panels (Home Depot) to put against the walls if you want a more room sound. You can always thake them in and out depending on your situation.

As far as noise bleeding in, there is really not much you can do. I built an extra wall all around the booth to isolate it even more and that seemed to help a lot. If space is a concern then really you can't do anything.

By the way, have you called Vocal Booth to express your problem? Their customer support is excellent and should be able to help you right away. Good luck man.