View Single Post
Old 25th July 2005 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm not looking to add the second a/d/a right away but the fact that I could do it pretty easily when neccesary seems like a big advantage to me.Even if the 002 doesn't sound "quite" as good as say a Lynx. If I do go to 96k I should be able to get 12 tracks out of the 002, which is likely to be enough for most of what I need it for.If not I'm stuck at 44.1,that doesn't seem so bad.
The maximum n° of simultaneous tracks you can record @96KHz (or 88.2) is 10, using the 8 analog inputs and the 2 ch Spdif input (provided that you have a dedicated AD converter). It goes up to 18 simultaneous inputs and outputs if you work at standards 44.1/48KHz.
I use the 002R on a self built custom PC (with specs taken from the DUC): apart for the fact that my machine is now aging and that the versions of PT got heavier and heavier on it I'm having no problem with the firewire bus or the likes (I had some minor with PT6.4, now I'm on 6.9 and everything is fine).
As Max Cooper pointed out get a healty dose of Ram and as fast a computer as you can, that'll allow you to run lower latencies and when needed higher tracks and plug in counts.

Hope this helps

L.G.