View Single Post
Old 12th July 2005
Lives for gear

I'm not running DP or Audiodesk 2, but I do have an 896 that I've been running w/ Logic 6 and Peak 3 for years. I'll ask some stupid questions now, not to insult your intelligence, but because I just want to cover the bases.

What are you seeing in the MOTU FireWire Console? The default outputs may need to be set to Analog 1-2, or not. Apple also has an Audio MIDI setup program that you can find in Applications/Utilities. This may or may not have anything to do with it either, but you may want to check it out.

You may want to update your MOTU Firewire Audio Driver at the MOTU download page. Also check out the Preferences in AudioDesk2 and make sure the 896 is setup correctly for that program. There should be an Audio Drivers and Hardware pulldown menu, or something like that. I don't know if it's called that exactly, as I'm not looking at the software.

I was thinking about upgrading to AudioDesk2, but I'm not sure if I want to be stuck using only MAS plugins. Most of the cool ones out there are VST or AudioUnits nowadays.

Sorry if this was not helpful.