View Single Post
Old 26th September 2008
Gear Addict

Thank you so much for all those references. Some of the authors I recognize from MHofA references; I'll have to go back and look at those. I actually have Bartlett's mobile recording book from school as well, also one of my favorites that I haven't looked at in a long time. I have a lot of reading to do. I'll get back to you in 5 years when I'm done...
Quote:
Originally Posted by avare View Post
Keep any reflections within 15 ms (20 is better) down at least 10 dB.
Ah yes, I remember reading that now. This is the reason small rooms need absorbtion to create an RFZ, right?
How do I know when enough energy from the reflection has been absorbed to "turn it down" 10db? Maybe that's the stuff I learn with a Master's.

Quote:
At the angles where material is used for controlling early reflections, grazing will not occur.
I'm kind of with you, but I'm sorry I still don't really get what you're saying. If I just need to go study something more (to avoid being spoon fed) could you point me toward a specific source? Or maybe you could sketch a pic explaining the grazing answer?

Quote:
I am quite impressed by the advice you have been giving out lately. your knowledge of acoustics has grown immensely!
wow...what an encouraging and wonderful complement. Thankyou.

In the meantime I will try to work on another sketchup of a potential CR with my new knowledge.