View Single Post
Old 17th June 2005
Here for the gear

Angry Help needed on Soundcraft 2400 meter bridge

Hi, the meter bridge of my soundcraft 2400 doesnt work in the right way, since a few days. They all flash in a strange way, like starting from the middle, and going down. These four "8-LED-bars" of each meter look like if they get too less current or something, cause only one of the four led-bars of each meter flashes in normal strength, and wich one of the four depends on the signal, where it has its maximum. Is the level up to -3 dB, only the third bar (from botton) shines bright, the others are much more darker.
This is on ALL meters, also the L/R meters. It makes no difference if I'm in spectrum-, groups- or slate-mode.
Then sometimes the meters switch completly of, or only glow very
low. But if they work, there is only ONE led-bar which shines bright, all others glow lower.
What could be the reason of this?
Is it possible that these Brown ICs I used in some of the channels are responsible for that, cause if they use more current, than the meters dont get enough? But the power supply is stable. Actually I changed the ones from the master back to original, and the problem is still there.
Actually the meters worked very well, after I changed these op amps,
a few weeks ago.
The problem causes, since I had a huge rock production on
the desk, with lots of high levels and some overload on the meters.
But this shouldnt be a problem for meters, to display overload?!
Please give some ideas. I also have changed the 4040 and 4069, which didnt make a difference. I dont know what to do now.