View Single Post
Old 8th May 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by grenham
Hello, after getting a DPS-V77, I was able to find an R7 yesterday, so now I can make use of the remote that I have.
After powering up I'm greeted with System/Midi Reset and Software version 1.10, going on to tell me "battery voltage low".
I find later that the battery is 0.1v, and not knowing what it should be, suspect it should be changed sooner than later. I also discover there are no user memories whatsoever ! Now, whether this is because the previous owners didn't bother to store any or what, I don't know. But, I would have thought they would have been factory filled at least.
Aha ! but the battery level has probably wiped them, as a test save is not stored.

Of course, not coming with a manual doesn't help.
Anyone have a pdf ?

If anyone wants to post factory user or user programmes, they'd be welcome
Also, what the last software rev was.

Finally, has anyone with the V77 compared them together ?

regards
Lyn

You need to change the battery.

A CR 3.2 v from Radio shack will do.

It s pretty easy to do.

You just have to pry it off carefully with a pair of pliers to leave the leads intact.

Then solder 2 wires to each lead and the other end to the corresponding +/- of the battery itself.

Tape it down and voila you are done.

The presets are stored on the rom so you will be fine.

How does it compare?

The R7 is a dedicated reverb machine.

One of the best and underated if you ask me(watch the prices on Ebay go through the roof now).

(If i see any quote of what i've said here to justify a ridiculous price on Ebay i will shoot the seller)

It was part of the whole "7" series-R7,M7,D7 and F7+ remote(i own 2 of each and one F7).

I also have the DPSV77 which is like the "greatest hits" of the 7 series and it has the digital ins.

What i noticed is the converters are slightly thinner on the DPSV77 which makes it dissapear a little in the mix.

But you have to remember the others were dedicated and expensive machines when they were first released($1.5K-$2K).

They just didn't catch on because of the name and the price.

Also they have enormous amount of seb menus.

Similar to what happened to the Roland R-880.

Its appreciated more by hardcore efx guys(like mysef) than your standard studio guy.