View Single Post
Old 14th September 2004
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by tee boy
Yeh, I use the BT example purely because i like his mix sound. Not a huge fan of the mans commercial releases at present, but some of his scores were nice. I do like his mixes though, very clear imo. I can apprieciate that they arent everyones cup of tea, but i think its a sound we'll hear more and more in dance music. I couldnt tell you if WOW still mix on SSL, but Im sure i remember them saying they had access to one at their studio. I do like their mixes but i dont feel they compare favorably to BT's.

Crystal Method do a nice mix imo. Think they use a Makie, shock horror! Again, Im not am huge fan of their stuff but i just feel their mixes work well.
BT's mixes are deffinatly clear. I did measure the RMS of one of his latest and it clockec in around -8db! But I think he shows us both the strength and weakness of digital. Sure its very crystal clear but is that reall a good thing? In comparison the KS stuff is fairly muddy but the mixes just have a "feeling" to them thats missing from BT and even WOW's stuff.