View Single Post
Old 20th November 2020 | Show parent

Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thismercifulfate ➡️
I cut my teeth at a studio that used to have an API Legacy Plus 48 channel with 24 212L’s. I think they are the best of the best that API ever made. You can put them in an L200 lunchbox but they obviously sound the best in a console. They have a sound that I would describe as sweeter and, more open than the 512, 3124 and the pres in the 1608 console, whie still having the famed API punch and speed. I hear an upper midrange harshness in modern API pres and EQ’s that I don’t hear in the 212’s.

Thank you and you’re welcome!

It’s in northeast Portland, Oregon.

It sure is!
Api should do a legacy channelstrip with:

212 preamp, 215 filters, the 225 compressor (or something derived from that), and a 550eq (or a 500 free slot) and most important the fader, in order to be closer to that “console” sound..

Aka bring back the api 7600 updated as a MK2 or call it the legacy channelstrip..

Also it would be cool a small console 10x2 (or by 4) with 4 additional stereo returns, 4 auxes.. with some monitor controller feats, and a 2 slot 500 series slot for that 529 stereo compressor..?
Sort of a box two, but with the 212, pres, 200 series filter and compressor on every channel, inserts for external eq’s (or the possibility to integrate a 10slot 500 series lunchbox above it, with 550/560 or whatever the user wants).
Like a small tracking gem.. different from the box..
I’d say that it could have a market

Mr Droppa and @ API Sez... .. are you listening ?

I’ll be happy to take the prototype in exchange of giving you this idea

Cheu

Last edited by cheu78; 20th November 2020 at 10:25 PM..