View Single Post
Old 1st November 2020 | Show parent

Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle P. Gushue View Post
Glad to help where i can. I enjoy watching things develop from idea to finished product.
Thank you so much for posting Kyle. So much great information and I will respond more in depth in a subsequent post. But I wanted to provide a small progress update.

Over the past 4 days I've had numerous calls/discussions with my wife, our contractor, a few designers our RE lawyer and our structural engineer. I consider all of these chats essentially part of a broader feasibility study on the attic project which has essentially resulted in a general consensus that we should probably look for an alternative location on the property.

So, for the upcoming week, I plan on starting a NEW feasibility study exploring the possibility of an outbuilding in our fairly small backyard. My wife is excited about this prospect because we will set aside budget to re-vamp her garden and she will design the exterior look of the building/shed/workshop. I plan on posting detailed updates here as well in case it helps others looking to do the same. But not sure if I should keep updating this thread or start a new one for the backyard project.

Let me know where the best place to continue our discussions would be and a sincere THANK YOU to everyone who has posted or who is following along.

Have a great week all.

Wade