View Single Post
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by guavadude View Post
I'm consistently blown away with how good the Wampler Ego comp sounds. It's like a Dynacomp with more control.
Blend, attack, release, tone and volume. It can be unnoticeable or get the funk up in your face. Quiet too.

I punted the Bicomprossor. It really needed the mix control and it was easier to sell than spend more to have it added.
Tried all the Compact Cali pedals. If I didn't like the Ego so much I'd probably go with the Origin comp pedal for bass. Having a hpf really makes a big difference in keeping the low end intact for baritone as well as bass. But they're expensive and in a shootout I actually still preferred the Ego comp, which I admit surprised me.

So many good choices out there though, you really need to shoot a few out with your guitars and see which one works for you. I do a lot of recording and plugins are great but if you want that funky comp sound, only a pedal will get it.
I use that (Wampler) on my personal board. Talk about character. This and the BJF (or bearfoot) are very good.
Don't like the Cali (but have one). One to try is the Effectrode comp. Not everybody's cup of vodka but interesting.
For clean, Empress is good.