View Single Post
Old 5th October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

If you had a lot of mess at 100hz and below, it would show up on RMS meters and your loudness would be dead giveaway. There’s also a way ns10s sound when the lows are clogged. I think they are a tool in the process. I’ve never heard anyone say they were the ultimate mixing monitors. Respect to you though because I could barely formulate a full sentence when you mixed that record

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Coates View Post
New to NS10s but the myth that if it sounds good on NS10s, it sounds good on anything has already been busted for me. The first project I mixed as a total novice back in 1991 sounded terrible. Full of mud and murkiness. Well, I played that CD on the NS10s, and guess what? It sounded fine. None of the thick mud that can be clearly heard on my other two sets of monitors. It sounds far better than any other monitors I've ever played that CD on. So...you could have a huge slog of muddy crap down below 100hz and if you mixed only on these, you wouldn't know it was there ( unless you are one of those hard to believe mixers who claim they can judge the bass by watching how much the woofers move?) I know many of you claim to do it but how could anyone possibly rely on NS10s alone for mixing?
Show replies