View Single Post
Old 16th September 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinned View Post
Sorry I'm late getting back to ya. Judging by your photos, I would think that the stairwell would be less of a concern than the alcove you're currently in, but you can only know for certain by measuring.

I would strongly suggest picking up a measuring mic and some stands (or better yet build them). You can make respectable improvements by setting up your monitoring/listening position properly. If you have a measurement setup you can, for instance, find out if that issue at 150 Hz is a room mode, Speaker Boundary Interferance (SBIR), or another issue. Much better than shooting in the dark. If SBIR is an issue - usually is - the smartest spot for your monitors is normally 4" from the front wall with a 4" OC703 or equivalent panel filling the gap.

Reason I suggested building stands is that you can actually build good quality stands on the cheap. Think plywood column filled with sand. Mass is important for a speaker stand, and getting your monitors off your desk brings all kinds of benefits: desk does not resonate, flexible positioning etc..

Also, a loudspeaker's acoustical axis is usually the halfway point between the center of the woofer and the tweeter.

well i tried the right wall position,everything became worse so i switched back.

I downloaded REW but i have not been able to make a measurement yet as i need to set it up but i checked out room sim and found some interesting things,it appears that at my problem frequency i have a axial length,axial height and tangential width/height,all 3 are almost on top of each other.Now by playing around a bit i understand that by improving my treatment
il get a lot of better results,so from the 15m roll i had for the bass traps i kept 6m that i added to my front wall,side wall and ceiling panels,the rest i used for making the triangles for the corners.
Added a room sim pic and also managed to find the full specs for the materials im using for the panels and traps
Attached Thumbnails
Odd shaped room -Any advice is welcome-room-sim.jpg   Odd shaped room -Any advice is welcome-aritherm-panel.jpg   Odd shaped room -Any advice is welcome-aritherm-basstrap.jpg