View Single Post
Old 14th August 2020
Lives for gear

How @ sammmoxo old are you? I'm late 30s and honestly what Drake is doing is no different than 99% of what males are/have been expected to rap about since Hip Hop's genesis. Fat Joe is entitled to his opinion but it's not like his kids are bumping his classic ****. Drake is only comparable to MJ in that like MJ there isn't a person alive who doesn't know who Drake is. That's where the MJ comparison ends IMO. I ain't on the same page as these drug addled, special ed (not the "I Got It Made" one) rappers.

As long as there is a concerted effort to not allow artists to mature artistically, spiritually, etc. expect nothing more from today's "crappers," "talk-singers," etc. I keep saying that "It is generational gapped and divided and its anti-educational posturing limits cultural discussion and cannot totally serve Black folks. This dysfunction is tied to age-specific experience and expression. Because Hip Hop situates itself exclusively as a youth-identity rhetorical form, it will remain in arrested development artistically and will fail to provide an outlook which will serve the problems of the Black community. And it must then remain subservient to commercial market forces."