View Single Post
Old 14th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmogovan View Post
Should I move the setup closer to the wall?
Yes, and that should also be pretty easy to experiment with. Move the microphone and the desk back closer to the front wall half a meter, measure, repeat.

Quote:
If I understood correctly, my panels are probably only working 'down' to 80hz? as in they're probably not helping on the 79hz and lower freqs?
Absorption in porous absorbers as I understand drops off, it's not on or off below a certain frequency.

80 Hz and above, your amplitude response was relatively flat, below that not very much, hence my assumption.

Quote:
The speakers are equal distance from the left and right walls, and my listening spot is in the center (between left and right)
Great.

Quote:
Should I move more of my side panels to the rear wall? or build more and add to the rear wall?

How many bass traps should I add? (I could maybe make some 48x16x9" thick---or do i need deeper)?
Ideally, you'd cover the entire rear wall with treatment. The depth depends on what material you're using but 9" sounds more reasonable. The Caruso Iso-Bond that I have on my rear wall is 30 cm deep.