View Single Post
Old 11th August 2020
Here for the gear

Advice Needed for treating our temporary broadcast room

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to thank everyone for all of their knowledge that they've shared on these forums.

We are using this room as a temporary (until sunday school resumes, if it does in the near future..please excuse the clutter!!!) broadcast room to mix our livestream audio seperate from our FOH (front of house) mix. When we move rooms later (seperate thread for later), i'll have 2 rooms to choose from so i'll be bugging you all to see which would be the better choice!

I've made the following panels at home with Rockwool safe n sound:
-2 of 16"wide x48"tall x 6" deep 'bass traps' (kinda small I know)
-10 of 30"wide x48"tall x3" deep broadband absorbers
EDIT: I meant 30wide not 24 wide for the broadbands, sorry!

Here are the Safe n sound specs:
Thickness,125 Hz,250 Hz,500 Hz,1000 Hz,2000 Hz,4000 Hz,NRC
3",0.52,0.96,1.18,1.07,1.05,1.05,1.05

Speakers are Yamaha HS7, with 32" monitor (and a 27" on top?)
I had a Behringer X32 producer in the chair next to mix position, but we will soon have a behringer Wing that will sit where keyboard and mouse is currently.

The room is approx 14.75ft wide, 26.1667ft long, and 11.667ft tall.
Mix position is approx 136" (or 142"?) from front wall.

As you can see from my pictures, i've attempted to treat my early reflection points (even by trying to jimmy rig a panel in the air above the mix position).

Based on my REW files and measurements (i've done a both speaker, L speaker, R speaker, and a no sound measurement(s) in the file attached), any tips or things I should try? or do I just need way more panels?

The pics are 1/48 smoothed I believe.

Thank you so much for your time.
Attached Thumbnails
Advice Needed for treating our temporary broadcast room-img_2895.jpg   Advice Needed for treating our temporary broadcast room-img_2896.jpg   Advice Needed for treating our temporary broadcast room-img_2897.jpg   Advice Needed for treating our temporary broadcast room-img_2898.jpg   Advice Needed for treating our temporary broadcast room-room-fr.jpg  

Advice Needed for treating our temporary broadcast room-room-waterfall.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: mdat Room.mdat (5.72 MB, 14 views)