View Single Post
Old 30th July 2020
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JfromRVA View Post
A couple things regarding the GUI. The Input/Output sliders are very 'touchy'. The instant I click on them they move. Generally at this stage I am typing in values. Would be great if they sliders had a little more, idk, 'grip'?

I would also like to be able to type in values for the Drive/Emphasis and Release knobs. In Reaper, I'm not able to do that.

Love the plug after just a few minutes of playing around with it. Ultra low CPU. I already know I'm gonna replace channel limiters I have on the drum shells catching rogue transients with Boost.

Is there a reason why we can't dial in punch and drive? Or am I missing something?

Edit: The 'Focus' function is brilliant! I can now add some 'air' between the source and the speaker or bring it right to the front. This is quickly becoming a must have for drum mixing!
Thanks for the feedback.

You can use the ctrl key when dragging to switch to a balistic and relative movement mode mode, that should help a little. As the default move mode is absolute (e.g. where you point and click) grabbing the corner of the plugin and resizing can help too.

Drive and Emphasis focus the saturation on different parts of the sound. The punch (emphasis) algo focusing the saturation on transients and the non-punch (drive) algo focusing on the body of the sound (e.g. the loudest bits in terms of dBFS). I'm currently researching further character options.

Currently, double click of the knob controls sets them to a default, I imagine that's not going to be used much so I've added double click => typed input input to the feature request list.