View Single Post
Old 29th July 2020
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4nger View Post
Devious machines are pretty on the case with updating their own products with user requests.

I hope that they will relay these ideas to UrsaDSP ...

I've bought it cos it's awesome but I'd love to see this programmed further towards being more useful in mastering contexts with such things as channel link.

Cool plugin!
Thankyou.
I am listening, and definitely looking for the features I need to take Boost forwards.
I'm glad you spotted the hidden controls, there's quite a few novel techniques that the underlying Trajectory and Peak Remapping algos could be used to achieve, but I struggled to make them fit with a limiter in an intuitive way. Rather than completely hiding those, I've left a few params in and would welcome your thoughts on which work for you and on which material.
Channel link has been raised by others during the beta testing, I could add that in a point release, thanks for the reminder!

bmanic has nailed some key tradeoffs when making a limiter.

With Boost I set out to make something that has a clean sound - leaving a mastering engineer free to choose how much saturation and transient clipping they added as a separate concern.
The drive / emphaisis circuits are options, with the punch (emphasis) algo focusing on transients and the non-punch (drive) algo focusing on the body of the sound. That said, the engineer is equally able to set the knob to 0% and pick their favourite character compressor, etc...

Glad you're enjoying the plugin,
Dave @ UrsaDSP