View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp11 View Post
No, this is wrong - I run a ton of extraordinarily intensive plugins, including Avid's convolution reverb "Space" and the worst of the lot, Ozone 9. Long delays and held reverbs (required in television production). My ears detect zero comb filtering, my stereo correlation meters confirm it (especially important in my line of work since some tv is still mono).

Ozone will give you latency, but since it's used at the end of the process for mastering, it doesn't matter. Individual plugins from Ozone 9 can be run in a session (absent the ozone 9 host in the advanced version) and do just fine. Even with its latency, if you run it wet or dry, there's no comb filtering or "smearing".

There seems to be a problem peculiar to your rig, which you've yet to identify, so no one can help you fix it.

Perhaps you got no response in your hardware thread because others don't share the problem you're having.
No, this is right. I've shown proof of it and you just want us to take your word for it. There's nothing wrong with my system. It's a pretty standard Mac/Logic/Antelope rig. I've owned multiple systems and it's been the case with them as well (Protools,Sequoia). It's just a fact of digital audio workstations (in wildly varying degrees).

You admit that it happens for you with Ozone and then you justify it because you can compensate. Most of the time, this problem can be compensated for but it is an inherent problem, a weakness that analog recording doesn't have (it has other, bigger problems). Is it going to catch in your throat to admit digital audio is less than perfect?