View Single Post
Old 30th June 2020
Lives for gear

Thanks guys!

For clarification, the chicken scratch drawing is the idea for the new place. The video is our current setup. I'm attaching a BTS photo of our current setup for context. Literally par cans and shower curtains for lighting, pipe and drape, my personal rack rig, etc. It's a make shift studio we cobbled together at the start of COVID. The problem is we've got to move out of building in about a week, and construction of new spot is happening within 2 weeks. We're moving whole church into new building, and tenant is coming into old building...all while church is currently online.

This will be a very simple space. As far as live room goes, I'd like something that drums sound good in, while there's not too much spill washing around into a vocal mic. It's quite possible--as we've done it in the above example with a 25'x50' concrete box... Now, what isn't seen are the walls off camera are all heavy drape and 4'x8' rockwool panels.

As for control room, a decent room ratio and volume with rfz paneling and basic bass trapping is all I desire.

For tracking room, it's a big box that we can fit a band and some cameras into. Not a world-class studio. Non-parallel is my idea to break flutter where feasible. If it's better to treat flutter with diffraction/diffusion and/or absorption whilst keeping parallel walls, I'm open to that. I personally prefer bright rooms--great low trapping and diffuse highs (something I dearly miss from my old garage studio with an 80/20 slat wall treatment).

I agree that moving a few lines now is cheaper than rebuilding walls. What are some alternative ideas to the above layout?
Attached Thumbnails
Blank Slate - What would you do?-img_1025.jpg  

Last edited by wesarvin; 30th June 2020 at 08:22 AM..