View Single Post
Old 29th June 2020 | Show parent

Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsaamah View Post
[. . .] I definitely do appreciate quite a few love songs. But I am absolutely never trying to write one lol. I'll leave that for the younger songwriters
Don’t know offhand what composers wrote their best love songs in their twilight years?. . .will have to do some research and get back with you on that.

But I adore Armstrong’s vocal on What A Wonderful World - a love song in its own way. And I love Burt Bacharach’s piano and elderly vocal into to Rumor’s take on This Girl’s In Love.

Like you, I took a look at this thread earlier, but couldn’t make a go of it - as the presuppositions and content just didn’t inspire any deep thought. One can easily criticize 50 ways.

But, I do think the old have much to say about love. Maybe you will get inspired again some day and jot one down for us? Hope so.

Thanks, Boom for the link to Jagged Edge! I enjoyed that.

Thanks TK. You did right - although like with Elvis on Suspicious Minds, I like the hot, steamy, slow version more. And then there is the very naughty Eartha Kitt - C'est Si Bon - I wasn’t offended by anything she did.

Lord Almighty, I feel my temperature risin’,

Ray H. [a.k.a. Just a hunk, a hunk of burning love]