thread: Future of Music
View Single Post
Old 28th June 2020
Lives for gear

I've been lucky to live in the pre-social media age and was in a band, it IS a very social thing and also going to music college where you're constantly surrounded by talent then when that goes away it can be pretty depressing, the so called 'real' world is full of people who have never had these experiences and they don't understand, I know because I've also for a few years worked in an office, call centres and been a cleaner, you will hardly ever meet musicians in these environments, they are NOT inspiring for a creative mind or musicians and will destroy your soul if you don't get out of it...

I managed to make money, create art and had a blast doing it with my best friends, we had a ball in my 20s as well, the band I was in never made a fortune and we never hit the bigtime, but we had a real following where the same people consitently turned up to all our gigs, it created a culture and hopefully will be remembered by those people.

Work ethic is everything, I was often the driving force and leader in the bands I've been in, you'd better get used to working hard or you've got no chance, look at how hard the beatles and led zeppelin worked to achieve what they did, it didn't come from nowhere, stop feeling sorry for yourself and get on with it, there's no excuse anymore when it comes to making an album, almost everyone has a home studio thesedays, the technology is here now to support us, never been a better time. Also look at how hard founders of companies are willing to work, you won't find anyone normal or an employee with the same levels of work ethic or putting in 18 hour days, hard work is everything, don't listen to anyone who says it isn't, 99% hard work 1% talent.
Show replies