View Single Post
Old 14th June 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by clump View Post
I'm with you Rocky...I don't use any kind of DAW, I'm still using an 8 track digital recorder (Tascam DP-03SD) it's pretty much an antique now.

I'd like to say it's because I like the limitations it imposes upon me, and that I have to work within that simple framework...but it is actually because I'm a thick, technophobic luddite.

My wife uses Magix 'Samplitude' and keeps telling me how much I would benefit if I did too...but I'm suspicious of anything that isn't difficult to carry from one room to the other.
You do good stuff regardless of how!
The DAWs are amazing, for example I wanted to sing a high harmony part over my fake tenor (I'm an E Bass) and kept falling into that horrible sound in the transition from head to falsetto. In the daw I set up a recording loop for the chorus and sang over and over until I though I had it, then stopped and listened and repeated until I could stand the result. If I was waiting for perfect I'd still be at it. That's a nice trick, and it's how I'm doing all my harmony singing from now on. Now if I was a good singer I wouldn't need to do that, but I'm the only singer I've got.

There is no such thing as a free lunch.