View Single Post
Old 11th June 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsmithGS View Post
I see. So even 80hz is important.

I wish QuietRock wasn't so expensive. I can't find the db attenuation by frequency, but their stc rating is competitive with this approach, and it certainly seems simpler/easier and less likely to make critical mistakes with. Although maybe without the clips it would be a waste like you said was the case for gg.

My main concern is that I invest all the money and it doesn't solve the issue. Maybe I should try to hire a consultant to let me know if the plan would work. Trick is finding one. Might have to give Rod Gervais a call and see if he travels to MA. Maybe it could even save me money like, maybe they would say doing only the ceilings this way would give me 90% of the benefits since this is a basement anyway, or some tips like that.

Ok, well thanks for the help!
It will not necessarily be a waste without the clips if you have green glue and enough drywall (mass). Tests showed that the clips are not needed if you add enough mass, though they might be able to help considering you have drums. If you are not on a slab, you need to decouple the floor.

You can find local reps. Just google it, and some acoustical companies can point you to sound consultants in your area.