View Single Post
Old 8th June 2020
Here for the gear

Weird shaped bedroom studio panel placement (with pics)

Hi there

This is my first post on this forums, but I've been lurking here for the past month and found out a lot from you guys, so thank you!

I did a lot of research on what sound panels to build, and after struggling to find OC 703 in Canada, I settled on Rockwool Safe n' Sound. I used the acousticmodelling.com website to decide what depth I want to make. I decided on 8 panels: 2'x4' with 6" depth (2 stacked batts of Safe n' Sound).

I have a weird shaped room. I think I've come as far as I can without asking for help, and I am wondering if someone can help me decide placement of the panels. I have attached pictures of the room that I modeled, as well as pics of the panels. I can provide specific measurements if needed.

I will be using the room to record my drum kit mostly. It is set up in the corner with the raised ceiling. Also the chick. (refer to pics)

I have 2 ideas currently for the 8 panels:
1) Hang two horizontally above the drum kit with lots of space between the panel and ceiling, two beside drum kit on Wall A. Put two on Wall B. Put two on Wall C.

2) Hang two horizontally above the drum kit with lots of space between the panel and ceiling, Put two on Wall B. Put four on Wall C.

I will be leaving 6" of space behind each panel.

What do you think?

My only other questions are:
Would I be able to get away with using 6 instead of 8? Thinking of selling two to recoup costs.
In case of 6, what setup would you recommend?

Thank you very much for your help!

Edit: Measurements:
Wall A: 7.2'x 9.5'
Wall B: 12.1' x 8'
Wall C: 3.8' x 8'
Attached Thumbnails
Weird shaped bedroom studio panel placement (with pics)-bedroom-1.jpg   Weird shaped bedroom studio panel placement (with pics)-bedroom-2.jpg   Weird shaped bedroom studio panel placement (with pics)-bedroom-3.jpg   Weird shaped bedroom studio panel placement (with pics)-panels-1.jpg   Weird shaped bedroom studio panel placement (with pics)-panels-2.jpg  

Last edited by majesticmooses; 8th June 2020 at 06:34 PM.. Reason: add measurements