View Single Post
Old 24th May 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolavine View Post
I like this version better, it's really a great song, and well done, much better than anything I know how to do. It's like a lesson in funky disco music cause it has such a strong, light, just fun groove to it.

I listened close to the chorus, and musically I think it's different enough, but I suspect that funky disco groove underlying it, not being very different prevents 'lift off' for the chorus? I know it does change slightly in the beats, but the tone stayed the same........
an abstraction: I can, in mind, actually see the dancing feet, I used to love to dance, but I see them planting their feet the same way they did for the verse maybe with just a knee to the right.

Don't know if that helps at all, as it is it is still an amazing accomplishment, kind of perfect, great vocal work, so many talented people in here making crazy good music.
Thanks again. I’ve now taken horns out! Added some strings and a few other small changes. I’m going to try to switch out a few patches for better ones too.