View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbirge View Post
I really like this track, very Jamiroquai. I like the horns but they kind of clash with the pad where they are. I might try losing the pad during those horn parts and that will help you develop more contrast throughout too. Also they need to come up, be featured a bit more, and maybe drop the guitar down a little, not too much, just enough so it's still doing the rhythm job but not in your face so much.

The 1st chorus seems twice as long as it needs to be, the last chorus is banging right on though, you got a little magic there for sure. There's a LOT going on in this track but it feels really good, I think mainly due to your amazing vocals.
Thanks for the feedback.

The first verse is just the same length as the second, so not sure why it feels twice as long? lol

My partner has just told me I should lose the horns after I spent a big part of the day doing them. She thinks there is too much going on so maybe losing the pad during the horns is a good call. She also thinks they sound a bit fake, but to me they are not that fake sounding.

I will have to think about if I keep them or not, live with them for a while.

Here is the latest version with the horns in the chorus as suggested earlier.

https://soundcloud.com/kanewilliams-.../s-7BxkIgbcdQ5