View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbirge View Post
Hey all, been awhile but here's a song I've been working on because a friend casually asked if I listened to country music. It's more alt-country than country but looking for constructive criticism and ideas of where to take it...
The other comments are good but they presume you wanted to make a 'radio country tune, and that has no chance no matter how hard it's polished. But the tune about dancing a bit so.......

While the song is weird to listen to, it would be a good novelty tune for the thousands of country bands that play the elk and eagles lodges of the county where old people dance (I went to see a neighbors band twice in such a scene, wonderful to observe), as say a middle to end song, just to break up the dancing and get people laughing with the weird pauses, maybe have the lead player really ham it up like he's playing some Paganini, laughter helps people connect.

You took some big chances here, and made some strange decisions for reasons we don't know, very cool, and strange result.

Last edited by Rolavine; 23rd May 2020 at 05:10 PM.. Reason: removed typo